Sunday, January 15, 2006

baltimore museum of art



so, i've been watching my cousins (boy & girl twins, 14 & girl, 11) for the past week. today, i took them to the baltimore museum of art and we spent alot of time in the modern & contemporary art exhibits. I love modern & contemporary art so i had a great time. i think i made them crazy explaining things, asking their opinions, making them read the placards. then we went to dinner on the harbor.

driving back on 95 south - it's a beautiful night, clear skies, full moon, the highway is relatively empty, music on blast, singing with the kids, heat on, sunroof cracked - Bunny (the youngest) asks me if we're in a rush:

Em: not really.. why?
Bunny: are you speeding or are all the other cars just going really slow?
Em: the other cars are definitely going really slow.
Bunny: but isn't the speed limit 65?

in my defense, we were on 95 and i was going about 87. i was also asked how i was able to get my driver's license since I frequently forget to put on my seatbelt.

i've been forced to listen to chris brown everytime we get in the car. tonight on the way home we listened to one of my mix cd's - they had never heard U2.

Gas = $18
Admission to BMA = $10
Introducing my cousins to warhol, rothko, motherwell, miro, matisse, giacometti, o'keefe & U2 = Priceless

2 comments:

becomingme said...

HA HA HA HA HAAAA! I'm rotflmbfbao. Whew! What a mouthful. Dontcha just love kids?

Still laughing....

woof nanny said...

Ha! Great post. I remember lecturing my grandparents about smoking (yada yada). Ah, kids know it all, eh? Glad you got your 2 (literally) cents in.