Saturday, January 28, 2006

honda: safety for everyone

has anyone seen the honda commercial with the animals? not the cog or the choir that sounds like a civic or the impossible dream commercial. but the other one. i saw it at the end of 2005.

it shows the frame of a honda with three animals inside. it begins with a zebra inside - the wind blowing through it's mane. then the frame is in a forest with an owl inside - his wide eyes blinking. and in a field with a lamb inside the frame. at the end it says - "honda. safety for everyone."

i love this commercial. i can't stop thinking about it. but absolutely no one else has seen it.

4 comments:

gary j. introne said...

Emerson - No, I've not seen that commercial. Don't know why, but just haven't. Targeted audience-exposure maybe. Who knows; maybe I'll catch it. I don't especially, however, really lie it when 'corporate' starts messing conceptually with people's minds, and I find that going n a lot more now. That and 'dancing' - there are always idiots now in commercials breaking into some horrid, dumb dance routine to show their ease and happiness. It's as if the sponsor is saying - 'we want you, our customer, to be as dumb and mindless as you can be'.

alyse said...

just when i was starting to think i imagined this commercial, my sister tells me she saw it last night.

Chuck said...

I am glad you liked it, I will let the people who produced it know. By the way did it make you go out and buy a new Honda?

alyse said...

Chuck, I loved it! It made me so proud to be a Honda owner. I haven't run out and bought a new Honda, yet.