Thursday, November 10, 2005

Definitely Experience Acela



I love trains. Love them. The rhythm - the gentle soothing motion. They're relaxing. I love to ride. When I was a baby, my mother would sometimes drive me around just to put me to sleep. Trains also give you the opportunity to take in the view. The trees falling through cardinal red and speckled gold to winter.

At my mother's insistence, I booked the Acela for my trip to NYC.

To me it was well worth the additional $60. True the Acela is impressively fast and smooth. I reached NYC approximately 25 minutes faster than had I taken another Amtrak service. Acela business class (Acela coach) is quiet, clean and roomy. That alone made it worth the additional cost.

1 comment:

gary j. introne said...

I've never ridden the Acela, though I've seen and watched it a zillion times through the NE Corridor / NYC, Penn Station, Newark, Metropark. I just never liked the way it looked. Visually, it's cheap - just seems to be a normal train with a bolted-on front-end nose trying to give the 'look' of speed and cheap streamlining. That's obviously just a facile and visual comment, but whatever. I want to keep looking at your spot. it was interesting - photos, ads, comments. Please check mine out - a full read for whenever you get the time, in little bits or all at once. Drop me a note. I like to correspond.

http://garyjin.blogspot.com

email njabate@aol.com

Thanks. Gary Introne