Friday, November 04, 2005

Toothpaste Packaging



Is it really necessary to package toothpaste in a cardboard box? Think of how many trees that could be saved if companies ditched the box. Yeah, it's easier to stock on the shelves, increases brand recognition and arguably insures product integrity. But it is so wasteful. The box is presumably trashed once the consumer chooses to use the product and is superfluous prior to that point. I mean, do you know anyone who actually reuses the toothpaste box once it's been opened?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about recycling it?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do. If it is one of those Aquafresh Extreme Clean EmpowerMINT boxes (my favorite brand, might I add), then it sometimes ends up as a paintbrush or pencil holder. If not, I give it to my trashcan to enjoy!

-blumagk

click here for a perfect example!:
http://www.zuckermanpharmacy.com/images/products/big/791335.JPG